“Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.”
- Organizational & cleaning skills (with Deirdre): I am clueless as a housekeeper, and I know it drives the husband batty. I wish I could pretend it's cathartic or fun the way some of my friends feel, but I just don't like to clean or organize. I have a high tolerance for messy surroundings.
- Cooking for idiots: I can bake and follow a recipe, but I don't really know pretty basic things about cooking, like how certain vegetables should be stored, what ingredients can act as substitutes for each other, how to properly chop, etc. I wish I could take some sort of Home Ec. course for adults.
- Interior design (another Deirdre pick): Other than tearing out pages from catalogs, I don't know how to put furniture together so rooms look good. We haven't graduated from the grad-school look of hand-me-downs, Ikea and the occasional higher-priced item.
- Sewing: Several of my close friends are amazing seamstresses. They sew, crochet, knit, etc. I never learned how to do any of those crafts. My mom is to blame: she doesn't sew either, so there was no one to teach me!
- Playful Parenting: I love hanging out with my kids, but I don't always know what fun projects to do with them if they're not in a creativity kids set. I wish I could be more like my old friend Kindness Girl, for whom playful parenting comes so naturally. I have to work at it.